Nearly 6,810 German soldiers are buried in this cemetery, which was inaugurated on 25 September 1960.
In 1945, the Americans had set up the first temporary cemetery in this village adjacent to Foy. The two burial spaces, American and German, were facing each other.
En 1948, les combattants américains sont transférés dans le grand cimetière d’Henri-Chapelle. Restera le cimetière militaire allemand qui recevra les dépouilles de soldats abattus dans d’autres combats.
In 1954, the Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfuürsorge, the German War Graves Commission, reorganized the space. A wall and a chapel made of red Eifel sandstone were erected. The crosses, originally made of concrete, were replaced by other crosses made of natural stone. Young people from six nations kindly offered to help with the erection of the cemetery fence and the lawn for the graves.